The Bachelor of Arts in History provides students with skills in historical research and analysis, a chronological understanding of the past, and factual knowledge of specific historical periods. Study yields an appreciation of U.S. history as well as the histories of other peoples and cultures that enhances multicultural understanding in the workplace and in everyday society. Such skills and knowledge prepare students for careers in education, law, government, business, management, public relations, writing, and research.
- HIST T124 Global History II
- HIST A200 U.S. History I
- HIST A201 U.S. History II
- HIST A202 Historical Methods Lab
- 3 credit hours in U.S. History
- 3 credit hours in European History
- 6 credit hours in non-U.S./Euro History
- 9 credit hours of history electives of the student’s choice
- HIST A400 Historiography
- Plus 32 credit hours of general electives
History Course Information
Find out more about the history major:
Students looking for teacher preparation in Social Studies take the major courses from the History degree along with focus-area courses for teacher education. See the degree plan here, and the list of teacher-education course descriptions here.