The Professions Advisor helps Pre-Health students to be successful at Loyola and to prepare for the next step in their careers post-graduation. A few of the Professions Advisor's roles are to:
- Provide education and guidance on the various health-related fields and programs to ensure students gain a broad understanding of their available choices and/or selected careers.
- Curate events and workshops that provide information and assist students to gain a better understanding of how to navigate their college career and how to be equipped to use learned tools to succeed at the next step.
- Engage in walk-in, group, and individual advising appointments, and email/phone communication with current and incoming undergraduate students and alumni to evaluate a students’ progress in pre-health related course work, course registration and selection, and available University resources.
- Assist students in the application process of their respective career choices, including drafting personal statements and conducting mock interviews.
- Assist students with placement in internships and volunteer opportunities.