Prospective students interested in starting the PB-Health Certificate should apply to Loyola by the following dates:
- Priority deadline for summer admission: March 12, 2021
- Final deadline for summer admission: May 3, 2021
- Priority deadline for fall admission: March 12, 2021
- Final deadline for fall admission:August 6, 2021
- Summer classes start May 17, 2021
- Fall classes start August 23, 2021
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited United States university
- 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- One Letter of Recommendation from a former or current professor whose class you have completed
Tuition & Certificate Criteria
With tuition of $450 per credit hour for accepted students, the program offers an affordable option for post-graduate individuals with health career goals. Financial aid information is available here.
Students enroll in undergraduate courses in biology, chemistry, physics, math, psychology, and others as needed. Those who are accepted into the program and complete 32 credits of the specific courses they need for the program of interest and achieve a minimum 3.3 GPA will be eligible to receive a Pre-Health Post-Bac Certificate. Students pursuing a Pre-Health Post-Bac Certificate will need to be in good standing in all facets of the institution and university policies. A maximum of 16 transfer credits will be accepted towards the certificate.
Full time students needing 32 credits can complete the certificate in as little as 14 months, and part-time students can complete the program in 24 months. Students who successfully complete the 32-credit hour program can take an additional 12 credits at the post-bac tuition.
*A student whose GPA falls below a 3.0 will have one semester (at least 12 credits) to improve their GPA to a 3.0 or above.