VCOM seeks to train medical students to be caring, practical, capable, and well-rounded physicians. As part of its mission, VCOM is committed to outreach to medically underserved communities, both rural and international. Our goal is to create national and international healthcare leaders for the future while providing students with rewarding, service-based learning opportunities.
Click here to learn more about osteopathic medicine at VCOM.
VCOM's Louisiana campus is a partnership between VCOM and the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Located next to ULM's athletic grounds and along the Bayou DeSiard, the brand new construction represents some of the most modern medical teaching facilities available. Features include a 4,100-square-foot anatomy lab, high-tech simulation center, and a 3,300-square-foot lab for osteopathic manipulative medicine training.
The Guaranteed Admissions Interview Program
Loyola University New Orleans students who meet the eligibility requirements outlined below will be guaranteed an admission interview with VCOM’s admissions committee after submitting the AACOMAS application.
- Complete all prerequisite courses
- Maintain an overall and science GPA of 3.5
- Earn a competitive MCAT score
- Minimum of 40 health care volunteer hours at the time application, 80 hours by the time of matriculation
- Minimum of 40 community service volunteer hours, 80 hours by the time of matriculation
Mandatory prerequisite courses for Guaranteed Admissions Interview program:
- Biological Sciences: Six (6) to Eight (8) semester hours.
- General/Inorganic Chemistry: Six (6) to Eight (8) semester hours.
- Organic Chemistry: Six (6) to Eight (8) semester hours.
- Physics: Six (6) to Eight (8) semester hours.
- Biochemistry: Three (3) semester hours.
- Additional Science: Six (6) semester hours of higher-level biomedical science courses to be chosen from the following courses or like courses: Anatomy, Physiology, Immunology, Microbiology, Genetics, Virology, or Bioinformatics.
- English: Six (6) semester hours.