Here are instructions on how you can access the Online Research Participation System and sign up for studies.
You must register through this system to receive psychology course credit!
How to create an account
To receive credit for research participation, please read and follow the instructions carefully. Even if you have used the system before (at another university, for example), you will have to create a new account using your Loyola login to sign up to participate in research studies.
To create a research participant account, visit: http://loyno.sona-systems.com
(note www is NOT part of this link!)
(1) Once there, click on “Request an Account” to create a new account.
(2) Enter your Loyola email login (NOT your student ID number) under “user id” (excluding @loyno.edu) and enter other required information.
(3) Enter the courses for which you will request course credit.
(4) Your password will be e-mailed to your Loyola account.
(5) Login with your Loyola login and initial password.
(6) Click yes to acknowledge receipt of human participants info.
(7) You may click on your profile to change your password or to select an alternate e-mail address.
(8) Click on the appropriate links to sign up for research and to track your credits earned.
(9) You can sign back on to check when and where you have scheduled yourself to participate and cancel participation (please note there is a cancellation deadline).
(10) Note, per department policy, more than two “no shows” will result in your exclusion from the SONA system for the semester.
Please contact Dr. Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org, for technical assistance.