Liberal Arts Physics is the department's most flexible program, aimed at students who want the scientific and analytic training that a physics degree offers.
- PHYS A101 Introduction to Mechanics
- PHYS A103 Mechanics Lab
- PHYS A102 Introduction to Electromagnetism
- PHYS A104 Electricity and Magnetism Lab
- PHYS A240 Introduction to Waves and Quantum Physics
- PHYS A241 Introduction to Thermal Physics
- PHYS A340 Classical Mechanics
- PHYS A350 Electromagnetism
- PHYS A445 Advanced Laboratory Physics
- PHYS A450 Quantum Mechanics
- Plus one physics elective
- Plus 13 credit hours of math
Students seeking teacher preparation follow a version of the Physics Liberal Arts concentration that includes focus-area courses for teacher education. See the degree plan here, and the list of teacher-education course descriptions here.
Physics course information
Find out more about the physics major: