After graduating from Brown University in 1970 with a B.A. in Mathematics, Dr. Tucci attended the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where he earned an M.A. in Mathematics in 1972 and a Ph.D. in Mathematics in 1976. In 1977, he moved to New Orleans to take a position as Instructor in the Mathematics Department at the University of New Orleans. In 1982, he attended Tulane University, where he earned a M.Sc. in Computer Science in 1985. He has been on the faculty at Loyola since 1983.
Dr. Tucci's main research focus is in abstract Mathematics. He has been a regular participant in the Tulane Algebra Seminar since 1985, giving at least one talk per semester on his own and others' research. He has also spoken frequently at the Southern Regional Algebra Conference, and he helped to organize this conference when it was held at Loyola University New Orleans in 2002.
- Aihua Li and Ralph P. Tucci, Zero-Divisor Graphs of Upper Triangular Matrix Rings, submitted to Communications in Algebra.
- Henry E. Heatherly and Ralph P. Tucci, Rings Whose Semigroup of Right Ideals is J-Trivial, International Electronic Journal of Algebra Vol. 10 (2011), 151-161.
- Henry E. Heatherly and Ralph P. Tucci. "Weak Regularity in Semigroups", J P Journal of Algebra, Number Theory, and Applications, Vol. 19, No.1, 2010, 1-12.
- Henry E. Heatherly and Ralph P. Tucci, “Right Weakly Regular Semigroups”, J P Journal of Algebra, Number Theory, and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 1,2010, 27 – 40.
- Henry E. Heatherly, Karl A. Kosler, and Ralph P. Tucci, “Semigroups of Ideals of Right Weakly Regular Rings”, J P Journal of Algebra, Number Theory, and Applications, Vol. 15, No.2, 2009, 89 – 100.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1976; M.Sc., Tulane University, 1985; M.A., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1972; B.A., Brown University, 1970
- Introduction to Finite Math
- Introduction to Programming I
- Introduction to Programming II
- The Computer Impact
- Visual and Historical Perspectives in Math
Areas of Expertise