Dr. Omar EL Khatib received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the New Mexico State University in the summer of 2007 and joined the Loyola faculty in the Fall of 2017. Prior to that, Dr. El khatib was an assistance professor in Taif University for seven years, Software Developer in Epic System Corporation in Madison/WI for two years.
Dr. El Khatib main topics of research span the fields of Artificial Intelligence computer science. Specifically, he is interested in the Answer set programming, Machine Learning and deep learning.
- O. El-Khatib, "Modelling Assembly Line Balancing Problem in Answer Set Programming," 2016 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), Las Vegas, NV, 2016, pp. 484-489. doi: 10.1109/CSCI.2016.0098
- O EL Khatib. Solving the Pixel Puzzle under Answer Set Programming, International Journal of Computer Systems (IJCS), Volume 03, Number 03, March 2016
- O. EL Khatib, Job shop Scheduling under Answer Set Programming Environment. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 5, Issue 5, November 2015
- O EL Khatib. Answer Set Programming Techniques and Methods. ACM JORDAN, 2010
- O El Khatib. Towards a programming environment for answer set programming, New Mexico State University, 2007
Ph.D. Computer Science, New Mexico State University, 2007
Languages and Paradigms, Computer Organization, Game Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Operating Systems, Introduction to programming 1