Below are requirements for admission to our on-campus graduate program.
- A completed Application for Master of Criminal Justice Admission;
- $20 application fee (The application fee is waived if your appication is submitted online).
- A bachelor’s degree and a record of academic achievement from an accredited college or university;
- An official transcript from each institution attended sent directly to the appropriate admissions office. For transcripts other than English, please provide a certified English translation with an explanation of the grading system;
- Three letters of recommendation from persons knowledgeable about the applicant’s aptitude for graduate work, such as former professors or master’s prepared supervisors;
- A resume of professional work experience
- A statement of educational goals that addresses the following points:
1. How do you think the MCJ degree will enhance your professional development?, and;
2. What expectations do you hope to realize by earning the degree?
- A formal interview with one or more graduate faculty members at Loyola
In addition to meeting the above requirements, all international applicants
- Must submit results of the TOEFL, scoring 550 or higher, unless their previous degree is from a college or university in which the language of instruction is English;
- Requiring F-1 or J-1 visas must submit an affidavit of support.
Note 1: Materials submitted in support of an application are not released for other purposes and cannot be returned to the applicant.
Note 2: All application documentation listed on this page must be received by the Department of Criminal Justice before a formal interview can be scheduled and a candidate's possible acceptance into the program can be considered.
WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION?
Mail ALL application materials for the Master of Criminal Justice Program to:
Graduate Admissions-MCJ Program
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Ave., Campus Box 148
New Orleans, LA 70118