Dr. Heinecke is a multidisciplinary chemist with experience in organic, inorganic and biological chemistry. She is currently interested in developing nanomaterials to help address problems in biomedicine (e.g. antibiotic resistance in bacteria). She started working at Loyola in 2013 in an extraordinary teaching position, which she held for two years before transitioning to an assistant professorship in 2015. Prior to that, she taught chemistry at Colorado State University for a year while also working as a postdoctoral researcher. Dr. Heinecke is an avid karaoke enthusiast, and you might catch her on occasion singing around the lab.
- Wong, O. Andrea; Hansen, Ryan J.; Ni, Thomas W.; Heinecke, Christine L.; Compel, W. Scott; Gustafson, Daniel L.; Ackerson, Christopher J. Structure Activity Relationships for Biodistribution, Pharmacokinetics, and Excretion of Atomically Precise Nanoclusters in a Murine Model. Nanoscale,2013, 5, 10525 – 10533.
- Heinecke, Christine L. and Ackerson, Christopher J. Preparation of Gold Nanocluster Bioconjugates for Electron Microscopy. Nanoimaging: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology. Volume 950, Chapter 17, pp. 293 – 311, 2013. Edited by Alioscka Sousa and Michael J Kruhlak.
- Heinecke, Christine L.; Ni, Thomas W.; Malola, S.; Wong, O. Andrea; Hakkinen, Hannu; Ackerson, Christopher J. Structural and Theoretical Basis for Ligand Exchange on Thiolate Monolayer Protected Gold Clusters. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 13316 – 13322.
- Wong, O. Andrea; Heinecke, Christine L.; Simone, Ashli R.; Whetten, Robert L. and Ackerson, Christopher J. Ligand Symmetry-Equivalence on Thiolate Protected Gold Nanoclusters Determined by NMR Spectroscopy. Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 4099 – 4102.
- Heinecke, Christine L. and Melander, Christian. Analysis of Kinamycin-D Mediated DNA Cleavage. Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51, 1455-1458.
B.S., James Madison University, 2004; Ph.D., North Carolina State University, 2008
- General Chemistry I and II
- Integrated Chemistry I
- Advanced Topics in Nanomaterials
Areas of Expertise
- Bioorganic Chemistry