To take an online placement test in LATIN or ANCIENT GREEK:
1) Download the Background Questions Sheet and answer the questions.
2) Download the PDF of the placement exam (below) together with its response sheet and complete the exam by writing your responses on the “Placement Exam Response Sheet”. You should complete the exam in ONE HOUR AND THIRTY MINUTES.
*You may use a small dictionary (like the one in the back of introductory textbooks) for either exam.
3) You may only take the placement test ONCE.
4) Scan and save the Placement Exam Response Sheet as “Your last name_PlacementExam” example: “Smith_LatinPlacementExam”
5) Email your Background Questions Sheet and Placement Exam Response sheet to Dr. Karen Rosenbecker at email@example.com. A faculty member from the Classical Studies department will evaluate the test and reply within a week to let you know which language class would be most appropriate for you. If, at that point, you wish to change a language class you have already registered for, you will be able to do so online.