Loyola offers a wide range of courses in the evening and online for adult part-time students. You should discuss your course selection with an advisor, who will help you plan the course schedule that will best meet the requirements of the degree program you are pursuing. If you need a course this semester that is not available in Loyola’s fall 2017 offerings, you may be eligible to register in an online course through the Online Consortium for Independent Colleges & Universities (OCICU), of which Loyola New Orleans is a member. Loyola tuition and fees apply.
OCICU courses are eight weeks in length with two sessions per semester, including summer. Please note that OCICU courses have different start and ending dates from on-campus Loyola courses. This semester, we are accepting OCICU courses offered by Regis University and Saint Leo University.
Pre-approval is required for all OCICU courses. Please email email@example.com.
Skills required to succeed in an online course include the following:
- ability to work independently
- high motivation to complete assignments
- comfort with technology
- willingness to participate frequently in online discussions
- good writing skills
|Provider||Session||Registration Begins||Registration Ends||Term Starts||Drop Deadline||Term Ends|
|St. Leo University||FA1||07/10/2017||08/07/2017||08/21/2017||08/28/2017||10/15/2017|
|Provider||Session||Registration Begins||Registration Ends||Term Starts||Drop Deadline*||Term Ends|
|Regis University||SU1 (8wk)||04/10/17||04/24/17||05/08/17||05/15/17||07/02/17|
|St. Leo University||SU2 (8wk)||05/15/17||06/12/17||06/26/17||06/30/17||08/20/17|
Course Offerings / Schedules
- Fall 2017, Undergraduate Course Offerings (Regis University &St. Leo University)
- Spring 2017, Undergraduate Course Offerings (Regis University & St. Leo University)
- Summer 2017, Undergraduate Course Offerings (Regis University & St. Leo University)
- Go to the Online Consortium for Independent Colleges & Universities web page at: http://www.ocicu.org/Public/HowToGetStarted
- Select Loyola University New Orleans from the drop down menu
- Click on your course number—all course information needed is listed when you click on your course
- Click on ordering books and read directions carefully (they are different for every provider)
- Review the online course demo provided when you access your course
- Once you receive your username and password, check that it works in the course management system. You may not be able to view your course until the first day of class
Please order your materials as soon as possible; they should be received the week before your class starts. Directions are posted on the http://www.ocicu.org/Public/HowToGetStarted. Please make sure to follow them exactly to avoid any confusion.
Materials will not be available through the Loyola Bookstore.
- Check the system requirements for your course at: http://www.ocicu.org/Public/HowToGetStarted
- OCICU Help Line: 1-877-740-5959 (Monday-Friday 8:30 am-10:00pm MST)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If at any time you have problems, questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.